calculate buildings total lateral wall surface area

calculate buildings total lateral wall surface area

R_Tavares
Dear all,

How can I extract buildings lateral wall surface area in a database as a function of grid cells and individual buildings? Is the ST_ENVELOP function the most correct?

Thanks for your help.

Richard

Re: calculate buildings total lateral wall surface area

Gwendall Petit
Administrator
Hi Richard,

I don't think that the ST_ENVELOPE function is appropriate because it computes only the bounding box of each geometries.

I'm not sure but I believe that what you want to do as already been done in the Magdalena's script (which have been updated by Carina) ?

Regards,

Gwendall

Re: calculate buildings total lateral wall surface area

R_Tavares
Bonjour Gwendall,

The code developed by Magdalena ean then updated by Carina enables calculating the lateral surface but dependent on the wind direction... and not the total lateral surface area. Thjis is why I don't know exactly how to do it.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Richard