Test and packagind of orbisgis server

Alexis.G
Hi,

I'm currently trying to test and to package properly orbisgis-server. I have two quick questions :

- Is the "stop" script supposed to be included in the generated zip ? If so, I'd like to add it. If not, let's remove it.
- Are the unit tests supposed to pass ? AFAICT, they seem to be broken, and, well... that's a problem ;-)

Thanks for the informations you'll be able to give to me.

Regards,

Alexis.

Re: Test and packagind of orbisgis server

Antoine Gourlay
The stop script was just there as a convenience, it is not packaged with the app. So we can happily remove it.

Yes they are supposed to pass. They're located in "app/wms/src/test". "app/wms" is a maven project, you should be able to run the tests from there.

-- Antoine
On 09/17/2012 03:42 PM, Alexis.G [via OrbisGIS] wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to test and to package properly orbisgis-server. I have two quick questions :

- Is the "stop" script supposed to be included in the generated zip ? If so, I'd like to add it. If not, let's remove it.
- Are the unit tests supposed to pass ? AFAICT, they seem to be broken, and, well... that's a problem ;-)

Thanks for the informations you'll be able to give to me.

Regards,

Alexis.

http://orbisgis.3871844.n2.nabble.com/Test-and-packagind-of-orbisgis-server-tp7574670.html
To start a new topic under OrbisGIS, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from OrbisGIS, click here.
NAML

Le 17/09/2012 16:05, Antoine Gourlay [via OrbisGIS] a écrit :
The stop script was just there as a convenience, it is not packaged with the app. So we can happily remove it.

Yes they are supposed to pass. They're located in "app/wms/src/test". "app/wms" is a maven project, you should be able to run the tests from there.

-- Antoine
On 09/17/2012 03:42 PM, Alexis.G [via OrbisGIS] wrote:
Hi,

I'm currently trying to test and to package properly orbisgis-server. I have two quick questions :

- Is the "stop" script supposed to be included in the generated zip ? If so, I'd like to add it. If not, let's remove it.
- Are the unit tests supposed to pass ? AFAICT, they seem to be broken, and, well... that's a problem ;-)

Thanks for the informations you'll be able to give to me.

Regards,

Alexis.

Bonus infos and questions, so :
- How are we supposed to stop the server nicely without a stop script ?
- mvn won't work directly to execute the tests or any other task [1]. Indeed, the project is defined as a child of a parent that does not really exist, from the maven point of view. I guess (and hope, in fact) the pom is used, however, when building the project with sbt.

On this last point, a side note : the problem for sbt is that it is not able to retrieve the resources associated to the test. Consequently, the InputStream  retrieved from getResourceAsStream is null and FileUtils fails logically (even if a nicer exception could be thrown). The tests are valid, as once the pom fixed, I'm able to run them. It's not a perfect behaviour, though ;-)

[1] Some excerpt from the maven log.

[ERROR]   The project org.orbisgis.server:orbiswms-lib:1.0-SNAPSHOT (/home/alexis/gitProjects/orbisgis-server/app/wms/pom.xml) has 1 error
[ERROR]     Non-resolvable parent POM: Could not find artifact org.orbisgis.server:orbiswms-parent:pom:1.0-SNAPSHOT and 'parent.relativePath' points at wrong local POM @ line 5, column 17 -> [Help 2]

Re: Test and packagind of orbisgis server

Antoine Gourlay
Good catch, the parent pom should not be referenced anymore, it has been
obsoleted (it isn't used anymore). This used to work fine because it was
deployed on our repository, so maven (and jenkins for CI) could find it.

Well, shutting down the server is very easy, just send SIGTERM to it.
Its PID is written to a file at the root of the app, cf the content of
the 'stop' script.
You can either use a script for that or do it directly from whatever
tool you use to automatically start/stop the server.

Hope that helps :-)

-- Antoine

Re: Test and packagind of orbisgis server

Alexis.G
Yes, I've seen that... So I'm not really worried about that. I guess the
CI server will be able to start and stop the wms server directly. Let's
write a working script, now ^_^