Should we drop Maven 2 support

Antoine Gourlay
Hi everyone!

The title says it all: should we drop maven 2 support?

We are currently *mostly* compatible with maven 2, although nobody has
tested for a while. As far as I know, we all use maven 3. Jenkins too.

My problem is that I was about to add scaladoc generation for Gdms, but
the way reporting plugins are handled changed between maven 2 and 3.

If we do want to stay compatible with maven 2 (although I think we
shouldn't), we should have some kind of automated way of knowing that...

Any thoughts? Does anyone absolutely need maven 2?

-- Antoine

Re: Should we drop Maven 2 support

Alexis.G
Hi,

Let's drop that. Maven2 will become deprecated. And that's not a
really expensive move. However, wait a bit - some people are on
holidays ;-)

cu,

Alexis.
OrbisGIS supporter.

Re: Should we drop Maven 2 support

Antoine Gourlay
Technically it IS deprecated ;-)

Anyway, they are using Netbeans, which come with an embedded maven3, so
they should have no problem :-)

-- Antoine
On 08/03/2012 10:13 AM, Alexis.G [via OrbisGIS] wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Let's drop that. Maven2 will become deprecated. And that's not a
> really expensive move. However, wait a bit - some people are on
> holidays ;-)
>
> cu,
>
> Alexis.
> OrbisGIS supporter.

Re: Should we drop Maven 2 support

Alexis.G
Netbeans should be enough. Feel free to do it