How to circle a round around one point with SQL

How to circle a round around one point with SQL

JINHUI
Dears,

I want to know how can I circle a point with SQL;

I want to get a  round area around my point;

Thanks avance

Re: How to circle a round around one point with SQL

Fabrice
I don't know how to make a circle around a point, but you can perhaps use the funciton ST_BUFFER, which will make a buffer zone of a specific radius(buffer_size) around your point :

SELECT ST_BUFFER(ST_CENTROID(the_geom), buffer_size) as the_geom FROM my_table

Fabrice