How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

JINHUI
Bonjour,

I have the date of footprint ART(KM_p01a,KM_p01b,KM_p01c),and how can I connected with OrbisGIS,then to get the ellips, can you give me some guide for the SQL?

Thanks a lot!!!

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

Gwendall Petit
Administrator
Hi Jinhui and welcome in this mailing list.

First, you should post your question only in the "Users" or "Developers" sub-forum (that is why I moved your post in the "User" part).

Then, can you tell us which release of OrbisGIS are you using ? The V3.0.2 or the V4.0 beta ?

In your post you have many questions in one ... and you need to be more clear.

If you have an Excel file (.xls or something like that) you should convert it into .csv (choose ; as separator). Then you will be able to open this .csv file in OrbisGIS.

Regards,

Gwendall

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

JINHUI
Hello,my dear professor,

I use the the V4.0 beta, then I find I can use the founction of ST_Explode;

and it works;

and the last SQL I can work its:
--create table KM_FIELD_COORD as select id_p,ST_X(the_geom) as X,ST_Y(the_geom)as Y,gid from m_point_explose;

then I want to use:
create table ellipse_SAP28geo as select
temps,Wdir,ST_makeelipse(stringtodouble(XC)),stringtodouble(YC),stringtodouble(longueur),stringtodouble(rotation)as footprint from ellipse_SAP2;

in the middle,I should add some information and get table of ellipse_SAP2? this is Madam Carina F did,and do you know how can I got it?

Best regards

Jinhui CHEN

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

Gwendall Petit
Administrator
You say that you are using the V4.0, but your screenshot is about the V3.0.2 .

I'm not sure to understand all what you want to do, but ... for me, you have an error in your last instruction :

CREATE TABLE ellipse_SAP28geo AS SELECT temps, Wdir, ST_makeelipse(stringtodouble(XC)),stringtodouble(YC),stringtodouble(longueur),stringtodouble(rotation) as footprint FROM ellipse_SAP2;
You place one parenthesis at the wrong place :
Gwendall

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

JINHUI

ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] (RunnableBackgroundJob.java:73) - Fatal error on the job named Open the map context
        at java.util.ArrayList.elementData(Unknown Source)
        at java.util.ArrayList.get(Unknown Source)
        at org.gdms.data.edition.EditionDecorator$ModifiedMetadata.getFieldType(EditionDecorator.java:747)
        at org.gdms.data.AbstractDataSource.isStream(AbstractDataSource.java:410)
        at org.orbisgis.core.layerModel.Layer.isStream(Layer.java:212)
        at org.orbisgis.view.toc.TocAbstractRenderer.getLayerIcon(TocAbstractRenderer.java:59)
        at org.orbisgis.view.toc.TocRenderer.getTreeCellRendererComponent(TocRenderer.java:143)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$NodeDimensionsHandler.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.AbstractLayoutCache.getNodeDimensions(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.updatePreferredSize(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache$TreeStateNode.expand(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.rebuild(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.tree.VariableHeightLayoutCache.setModel(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI.setModel(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicTreeUI$Handler.propertyChange(Unknown Source)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.fire(Unknown Source)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        at java.beans.PropertyChangeSupport.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.Component.firePropertyChange(Unknown Source)
        at javax.swing.JTree.setModel(Unknown Source)
        at org.orbisgis.view.toc.Toc.setEditableMap(Toc.java:692)
        at org.orbisgis.view.toc.Toc.setEditableElement(Toc.java:1173)
        at org.orbisgis.view.edition.EditorManager.openEditable(EditorManager.java:128)
        at org.orbisgis.view.map.jobs.ReadMapContextJob.run(ReadMapContextJob.java:57)
        at org.orbisgis.view.background.Job.run(Job.java:74)
        at org.orbisgis.view.background.RunnableBackgroundJob.run(RunnableBackgroundJob.java:71)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

I don not know why today I can not open all the files and like that,
and what I want to do that like the  following:

and how can I plot it?

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

Gwendall Petit
Administrator
Please, instead of attaching a screenshot, copy / paste the error message directly in the post, because we can not read the text.

If you produce layers in the V4.0, you can not open them in the V3.0.2 (and the converse is also true).

Re: How to add the date from Excel to ORBISGIS

newes
Hello,

maybe you should look around IRSTV projects on github. I think there are tutorials dealing with connection management : https://github.com/irstv/orbisgis-plugin-archetype GDMS is used to connect OrbisGis plugin.

I have the date of footprint ART(KM_p01a,KM_p01b,KM_p01c),and how can I connected with OrbisGIS,then to get the ellips, can you give me some guide for the SQL?

Thanks a lot!!!

http://orbisgis.3871844.n2.nabble.com/How-to-add-the-date-from-Excel-to-ORBISGIS-tp7574861.html
To unsubscribe from OrbisGIS, click here.
NAML