Help using NoiseModelling and OrbisGIS

Bradyj13
Hello,

I am currently doing a masters at East Carolina University in the United States and am hoping to use the noisemodelling software to run my simulations. I am trying to simulate bird songs propagating through digital terrain models made from terrestrial laser scanner point clouds. For the last week I have been using the wiki documents included in the noisemodelling master file to learn how to use the software and have some questions about using it and what types of data can be used/what type of outputs I can get.

To get my pointcloud data into the software do I need to use a software toolset like GDAL to add the data or would I just need to import the data into orbisGIS as if I were bringing any other type of geospatial data into it.

Using the setup in 06 modelling barrier using digital elevation models what type of sound am I able to model. For instance would I be able to model dynamic sounds such as a bird call or would I only be able to model specific frequencies such a 5hz?

Given the outputs of 06 modelling barrier using digital elevation models what units are the outputs of the BR_Trigrid_3D command?

Julian Brady