ExtendedSource syntax error on mvn eclipse import

ExtendedSource syntax error on mvn eclipse import

moovida
Hi developers, I am having a look at the GDMS code.
I downloaded the latest svn trunk and run a mvn eclipse on the gdms folder.

I get one single error, which is in ExtendedSource, at
Line 122: this.def = xmlSrc.getDefinition().toDataSourceDefinition();

telling me that toDataSourceDefinition() is not existing.

When commenting out that line, all the tests pass.
Any thought?

Thanks,
Andrea

Re: ExtendedSource syntax error on mvn eclipse import

Alexis.G
Le 19/01/2012 13:27, moovida [via OrbisGIS] a écrit :

> Hi developers, I am having a look at the GDMS code.
> I downloaded the latest svn trunk and run a mvn eclipse on the gdms
> folder.
>
> I get one single error, which is in ExtendedSource, at
> Line 122: this.def = xmlSrc.getDefinition().toDataSourceDefinition();
>
> telling me that toDataSourceDefinition() is not existing.
>
> When commenting out that line, all the tests pass.
> Any thought?

I've just tried to reproduce the problem... and I failed. I'm not use to
this strategy anymore, as I've stopped to use eclipe a long time ago ^_^

IIRC, mvn eclipse:eclipse is used to generate an eclipse workspace, so
that the maven plugin for eclipse can be used properly. Consequently, I
don't understand how it can fail with a compilation error : this plugin
just generates some files for eclipse, it does not need access to your
code base.

Consequently, I suppose I am missing something in your explanation. Does
this error appears in eclipse after you generate the eclipse workspace ?
What does happen when you run

mvn compile

on the gdms project ?

I suppose you are speaking about a compilation error. Am I right ?

Best wishes,

Alexis.

[...]

Yes, definitely syntax error. I am not at the pc where I had the source so I am not able to run the maven on it right now.

But:

xmlSrc.getDefinition()

is supposed to return an object of type DefinitionType,

which in my checkout is just:

public class DefinitionType {
}

with a ton of jaxb annotations. So I am not sure if it is something jaxb should take care of, but the method toDataSourceDefinition() is definitely missing.

Cheers,
Andrea

Re: ExtendedSource syntax error on mvn eclipse import

Alexis.G
The problem is really strange... I definitely see these method in
DefinitionType.

Which version of GDMS are you using ? I've checked with GDMS 2.

Best regards,

Alexis.

Re: ExtendedSource syntax error on mvn eclipse import

moovida
> The problem is really strange... I definitely see these method in
> DefinitionType.
>
> Which version of GDMS are you using ? I've checked with GDMS 2.

:) I checked in the svn tree:
http://svn.orbisgis.org/orbisgis/trunk/gdms/src/main/java/org/gdms/source/directory/

And you are right, the method is there... I have not the slightest
idea on what happened, since that error came out before I even touched
the code :-/

Ok, sorry for the noise, I hope I did the right checkout on my office
machine... else all that work would have been a bit useless...

Anyways, the svn repo link from the main orbis site points to:
http://svn.orbisgis.org/trunk/orbisgis/
while it should be: http://svn.orbisgis.org/orbisgis/trunk/

Cheers,
Andrea