Calculation time

Rodolphe
Hi,

When I calculate a noisemap (or the level of noise of each of my builings using BR_PTGRID3D), I need approximately four days for a commune (aproximately 12 km² for the noisemap but the buildings and the roads surronding the commune are also taken in the calculation).

Is that normal ?

When you have calculated the noisemap of Nantes, how much time did it take ?

Thanks,
Rodolphe.

Re: Calculation time

Nicolas F.
Administrator
Hi,

With the old version of noisemap in 2 dimensions:
http://orbisgis.3871844.n2.nabble.com/Huge-noise-map-td6775778.html

For the integration of 2.5D and integration with H2GIS noisemap has been changed. There is space for optimisations, however I am not working on noisemap currently.

Nicolas Fortin
IRSTV FR CNRS 2488
GIS        http://orbisgis.org
Spatial DB http://h2gis.org
Noise      http://noisemap.orbisgis.org

Re: Calculation time

Rodolphe
Hi,

Is it possible to have the script you used for this calculation ?

Thanks,
Rodolphe.

Re: Calculation time

Nicolas F.
Administrator
Hi,

This last version available of 2D noisemap is the version 1.1.1 available with OrbisGIS 4.0 .However there is no documentation and there is some computation issues on this old version. We do not give support on this old version.