A novice's problems

Sotiris
Hello,
I'm trying to run the demo sql for horizontal noise map(# 7 example) but the line:
import org.orbisgis.noisemap.core.jdbc.TriangleNoiseMap;

returns
Syntax error in SQL statement "IMPORT[*] ORG.ORBISGIS.NOISEMAP.CORE.JDBC.TRIANGLENOISEMAP "; expected "INSERT, {"; SQL statement:
import org.orbisgis.noisemap.core.jdbc.TriangleNoiseMap [42001-186].

It's probably a silly question, but please explain what is wrong.

The truth is, I use QGIS, so I made a python script that outputs my road, traffic and buildings shapefiles into the sql sentences that are described in the noisemap quick start section. I feed the result into orbisgis and then I export the resulting contouring_noise_map as shp back into Qgis.

Thank you.

Re: A novice's problems

Nicolas F.
Administrator
Hi,

It failed because this is not a SQL script, you paste the Groovy script into the SQL console. You have to use the Groovy console. It can be installed through the plugin manager.

This tutorial is for illustration of running NoiseM@p using Groovy script language. This is the same as the full SQL tutorial https://github.com/Ifsttar/NoiseMap/wiki/6-Modelling-barrier-using-digital-elevation-model

You need QGIS for what purpose ? OrbisGIS/H2GIS is able to load and save shape files.

Nicolas Fortin
IRSTV FR CNRS 2488
GIS        http://orbisgis.org
Spatial DB http://h2gis.org
Noise      http://noisemap.orbisgis.org

Re: A novice's problems

Sotiris
Hi

Thanks Nicolas I am grateful

The reason I use QGIS and python is because I know how use them WELL.
Orbis doesn't have extensive help (it's a bit elitist if I may say), plus I prefer mastering ONE gis system rather than learning others.

For me it's just a tool and I have to choose the one that seems likely having more potential and future.

Yours
Sotiris Sotiriadis